Cooking is known to be a great way of having fun regardless if you are a beginner or a seasoned cook. If you are a seasoned cook and you are getting bored of how you cook and you want to be more creative this time then don’t worry, this article is just right for you. You can try these inspiring ideas the next time you work in the kitchen.
- Get to know more the individual flavors and make friends with them. For example, if you have been using a mix of herbs to top your pasta or pizza, try just one the next time . Get to know its full flavor, aroma, and texture.
- You can also make fun with salt. If you are using regular table salt, try using kosher salt because it brightens flavor and lends an interesting touch to food.
- You can also use cooking as a form of bonding with your kids. They don’t have preconceived ideas of what a dish should look like, so they can kick start your imagination. You can make your child shape cookies and you will never know what he she will come up with. To more creative ways of baking a cookie, go to www.alltimelist.com.
- Wherever possible, use something nourishing instead of fattening. For instance, I like to load my pizza with colorful veggies instead of full-fat cheese. The pizza tastes amazing, and it is good for me.
- First learn a few recipes until you know them to perfection. Then bend the rules: add or substitute an ingredient. For instance, pancakes. Go beyond fluffy: fold poached pears into them and give them a luscious name to make them sound more appetizing!
- Change your cooking techniques from time to time because you will really get bored. For example you have a standard recipe for potatoes and cauliflower, which is to stir fry then in a little oil with touch of spices such as turmeric and coriander. You can try roasting them in olive oil with herbs and coarse salt, and eventually, the veggies will look exciting with new avatar.
- Brighten up your kitchen. Stuck with boring counter tops and sink? How about attractive ruffles, herbs on the windowsill, your favorite cookbooks, a splash of fresh paint? The attractive decor will coax you to discover the chef within!